The global remit of livestock farmers in the 21st century is clear: produce more, protect the environment, reduce waste. Making small marginal improvements across the sheep enterprise will increase sheep enterprise profitability over time.
It’s often said that if you can measure it, you can manage it, so having an efficient recording system to capture flock data is a must. Traditional recording using a notebook is slow and it’s then very difficult to make use of the information for flock improvement.
Computerising your flock records has the following benefits:
- Enables data to be recorded quickly and accurately in conjunction with electronic identification (EID tags)
- No transcribing of paper records to cumbersome spreadsheets
- The ability to immediately use recorded data to answer questions about flock performance and identify areas for improvement
- Quickly and painlessly meet all government statutory recording requirements
FarmWizard for Sheep
Orchid FarmWizard for Sheep software is cloud-based, which means it’s easy to use and you’ll be able to access your flock records from any computer that’s connected to the Internet. You’ll also have access to a mobile web app that works in conjunction with an electronic tag reader; this will enable you to quickly record information against each tag that is scanned.
The main features and benefits of the FarmWizard for Sheep software include:
- Web-based – so complex software to install and configure
- Easy-to-use screens so that you won’t have to spend time learning complex software
- Access flock records from PC, Mac, smartphone and tablet computer
- Full statutory recording for Flock Register and medicine book for hassle-free inspections
- Fast capture of individual weights so that you can get your lambs away at the correct spec
- Analysis tools to identify the best and worst performing ewes and rams in your flock – better breeding decisions means an improving bottom line year-on-year.